Our Annual Meeting is coming soon and that means election season is now upon us!
The New Zealand IoT Alliance (IoT Alliance) was launched in 2017 and is governed by an independent elected Executive Council and there are vacancies for six positions in 2022.
Our key purpose is to actively contribute to the prosperity of New Zealand through accelerating the uptake of IoT. We aim to accelerate IoT innovation by promoting collaboration across industry and government.
To continue building on our success, it is critical to have the drive and support of a purposeful Executive Council and we are now seeking nominations. We encourage you to consider who could make an impact as a member of the IoT Alliance Executive Council ensuring the new Council reflects the diversity of the community we support.
Executive Council Nominations
There is now an opportunity to put yourself forward or nominate someone else for a role on the IoT Alliance Executive Council. This year we have vacancies for the following positions:
- Corporate - Major (1 position)
- Corporate – Other (1 position)
- SMEs and Start-ups (1 position)
- Government (2 positions)
- Education (1 position)
The positions are for a 2-year term.
Nominees for the above positions:
- Must be from an IoT Alliance member organisation
- Must be in the IoT Alliance tier they are being nominated for
- Must be up to date with their IoT Alliance membership fees
All nominations must be submitted online by 5pm 13th September, 2022
IoT Alliance Executive Council roles and responsibilities include:
- Direct and supervise the business and affairs of the IoT Alliance.
- Attend monthly Executive Council meetings, usually two hours in duration (video conferencing available).
- Represent IoT Alliance at industry events and as part of delegations.
- Assist with managing and securing members of the IoT Alliance.
- Participate in IoT Alliance working groups and projects.
- Where agreed by the Executive Council, act as a spokesperson for the IoT Alliance on particular issues relating to working groups or projects.
- Be a vocal advocate of the IoT Alliance.
Voting will take place online in advance of the meeting and will be open for 2 weeks. The results will be announced at the Annual Meeting, on 18th October 2022. Please see the Charter (by clicking here) for an outline of Executive Council membership and election process. Each organisation has one vote that is allocated to the primary contact of the member organisation.
Annual Meeting Details
The Annual Meeting is scheduled for 18th October 2022 and is to be a Webinar Meeting. You can register to attend here.
Notices and Remits
If you wish to propose any notices or motions to be considered at the Annual Meeting, please send them to email@example.com by 5pm, 27th September, 2022
- Now - Call for nominations for Executive Committee members is issued to members.
- 13th September - Nominations close, and all received nominations are validated.
- 20th September - Electronic voting commences.
- 27th September - Due date for notices or motions to be considered at the Annual Meeting.
- 4th October - Electronic voting closes.
- 18th October - Results announced at Annual Meeting.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org