The New Zealand IoT Alliance was launched in 2017 and is governed by an independent elected Executive Council and there are vacancies for five positions in 2023.
Our key purpose is to actively contribute to the prosperity of New Zealand through accelerating the uptake of IoT. We aim to accelerate IoT innovation by promoting collaboration across industry and government.
To continue building on our success, it is critical to have the drive and support of a purposeful Executive Council and we are now seeking nominations. We encourage you to consider who could make an impact as a member of the IoT Alliance Executive Council ensuring the new Council reflects the diversity of the community we support.
Executive Council Nominations
There is now an opportunity to put yourself forward or nominate someone else for a role on the IoT Alliance Executive Council. This year we have vacancies for the following positions:
- Corporate – Major (1 position)
- Corporate – Other (1 position)
- SMEs and Start-ups (1 position)
- Government (1 positions)
- Education (1 position)
The positions are for a 2-year term.
Nominees for the above positions must be:
- From an IoT Alliance member organisation
- In the IoT Alliance tier they are being nominated for
- Up to date with their IoT Alliance membership fees
All nominations must be submitted online by 5pm 29th August, 2023
IoT Alliance Executive Council roles and responsibilities include:
- Direct and supervise the business and affairs of IoT Alliance.
- Attend monthly Executive Council meetings, usually two hours in duration (video conferencing available).
- Represent IoT Alliance at industry events and as part of delegations.
- Assist with managing and securing members of IoT Alliance.
- Participate in IoT Alliance working groups and projects.
- Where agreed by the Executive Council, act as a spokesperson for the IoT Alliance on particular issues relating to working groups or projects.
- Be a vocal advocate of the IoT Alliance.
Voting will take place online in advance of the meeting. The results will be announced at the Annual Meeting. Please see here for an outline of Executive Council Membership and election process. Each organisation has one vote allocated to the primary contact of the member organisation.
Annual Meeting Details
The Annual Meeting is scheduled for 1.30pm, Tuesday 3rd October 2023 and is to be held via video conference. This is a member only event.
Notices and Remits
If you wish to propose any notices or motions to be considered at the Annual Meeting, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, 12th September, 2023
- Tuesday 8th August 2023: Call for nominations for Executive Council representatives issued to members.
- Tuesday 29th August 2023: Nominations closed
- Tuesday 5th September 2023: List of nominees to be issued to IoT Alliance voting members and electronic voting commences.
- Tuesday 12th September 2023: Any proposed notices, motions or remits to be advised to IoT Alliance.
- Tuesday 19th September 2023: Electronic voting closes
- Tuesday 3rd October 2023: Results of online voting announced at Annual Meeting.