Increasingly cities are adopting technology and data to provide insights for decision making, improve public safety, enable greater energy efficiency and sustainability, and increase the overall quality of life for citizens. The application of Internet of Things technology enables the collection and analysis of data to support smart cities along with enabling increased automation across assets, infrastructure, and services.
The NZ IoT Alliance in collaboration with The Smart Cities Council Australia New Zealand has proposed the establishment of a working group to bring together the Internet of Things solution ecosystem for smart cities more effectively to enable more liveable, workable, and sustainable cities, towns, and regions across New Zealand.
Purpose and Objectives
The purpose of this Working Group is to investigate and promote the IoT innovation being developed in New Zealand in relation to supporting smarter cities, connect key stakeholders to drive this innovation, and to grow the membership of NZ IoT Alliance to more effectively support innovators and end-users.
The group has been formulated specifically to address the following:
- To advance the use and adoption of IoT technology to help build smarter cities.
- To promote smart city solutions being developed by the IoT ecosystem within New Zealand.
- To connect and grow the IoT solution provider ecosystem in New Zealand
- Drafting a survey to capture the key interests areas and current solutions being developed in the New Zealand ecosystem.
- Planning for the 2023 Smart City Summit.
The smart cities working group meet every month to get updates and work on progressing New Zealand’s smart city ecosystem. This working group is open for NZ IoT members, please contact us to join this group.
If you are not a member and would like to join, you can become a member here.